Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Hi-Yas

Matt tested for his yellow belt today, so I thought I'd share some Hi-Ya photos from the day and a couple from earlier this year. This session, they are in the same class, but after today, Matt moves up to the yellow belt class and Ana has gotten her 3 yellow stripes - next up is her yellow belt. Grandma and Grandpa were there to watch, along with Mom, Dad, and Stepmom. We couldn't be prouder. Ana is strong, Matt is focused and they both are really into karate.

Matt's first session - check out the menacing pose.
Ana is on her way to becoming the "Ninja Nun" - our little joke that's going to keep her safe in the coming teenage years.



Patiently (nervously?) waiting for this test
Matt proudly wears his new yellow belt!

Celebrating with their dad

We did LOTS of stuff today, but I'll share more later. Nana - hope these pictures make you feel like you are there .... there are LOTS more!!!

1 comment:

  1. "WAX ON!! WAX OFF!!!! GO MATT and ANA!!!" (Ok, what can I say? I am a total product of Karate kid, and Ralph Macchio STILL melts my heart!) So proud of both of the kids . . . the photos are wonderful! I see a Karate Scrapbook in your future!!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete