Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Getting ready for the flood?

Photograph by Daniel Y. Go

So, I got all prettied up for work today. After a year of getting to wear jeans to work, I've had to pull out my dress pants again. Arghhhh!!! Let's just say, I've added some "fluff" to my middle since I've had to wear them. Also, they are getting a little worse for the wear. Half of my work pants have zippers with minds of their own....so things like strategic scarf placement, long sweaters and tops are on order, since I'm really not up to spending the money to get the zippers replaced - so many other things to spend money on....food, utilities, gas....anyway, I found a pair in my closet that fits, zipper works, la de da...all dressed up and shuffling the kids out of the house and off to school.

Drop Ana off at the bus, drive Matt to school, walk him in....Then I see it. I see why I don't wear these pants. Don't ask my why I didn't notice earlier. I catch sight of myself in the door window to the school wearing the floodiest floods I've ever seen! Seriously, my ankles were showing.

I looked around to see if anyone else noticed and my eyes meet another mom - a cute little petite blonde mom, who's pants are a bit too long over her high heeled boots, who looked at me and gave me the eyebrow raise.

Clearly, she was silently judging me in my floods.

This can't happen, I told myself. I cannot go to work like this. I ran home and changed.

Ughhh. I blame my daughter for letting me out of the house like that. She looks like a cool hip New York cool person, all layered and accessorized and cool, and I looked like Farmer Ted.

Yeah, I'm going to have to talk to her about this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was awesome, thank god for that petite little blonde mom with the long pants and high heel boots! That was her job today, and thankfully you didn't make it all the way to work like that, and shame on Ana ( not reall), lol. You'll have to let me know what she's says!!!

    ReplyDelete