Monday, February 15, 2010

"Burn Those Jeans"....Thanks, Patti, I needed that


This woman, Patti Digh, has been "speaking" to me lately. I first read about her book on the Skirt! magazine website and was intrigued by the title - Life is a Verb: 37 days to Wake Up, Be Mindful and Live Intentionally. Every page I've read, so far, feels like she's speaking directly to me and I recently checked out her blog, which you can find here. I'm very thankful when people are willing to share their insights on life, and remind me that no matter what I'm going through, someone else has too (this includes my dear friends who listen to me and then help me, as Cher said in Moonstruck "Snap out of it!" and my guy who reminds me everything happens for a reason).

While I'll let you discover what speaks to you (and please do leave a comment and who or what inspires you), I wanted to share this essay I found on Patti's blog called, "Burn Those Jeans", where jeans are a metaphor for whatever you are allowing to hold you back. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment