Saturday, July 17, 2010

Family Art Day

I took the boys to an Family Art demonstration fair at the local Blick store. I've been planning to go for about 2 weeks, and I'm so glad that the boys were in the mood to try something new. Boys you ask? Where's Ana? My Ana's in Oregon for 2 weeks. She's my usual sidekick for these types of things, but I was pleasantly surprised that the boys were willing to go. Matt you may recognize, but the other guy is my nephew, Nick. The dude with the gray hair is a very nice, patient man who cheerfully allowed Matt to airbrush with his tools. Matt also made an Artist Trading Card, we painted on mini canvases (and just HAD to buy some to take home....they are such fun!), and the boys did Gyotaku fish prints with rubber fish. As, it was approaching 95 degrees, we had to leave before the pottery wheel and the spray painting demos started. Here's some photos:
  I'm thankful for this day to share something a little different with my guys, and I'll be on the lookout for other opportunities to share art with the kids.  Of course, I'll have to find something for my Ana, since she was a little bummed to not be here....of course, I'd love to be in Oregon, but that's another story.

How do you encourage the artist in the people around you, both young and old?

3 comments:

  1. stopping by from the Tea Party.... the airbrushing looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog - I'm loving this Tea Party blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO SO FUN!!!!! What a fanTAStic way to spend the morning!!! I love these photos!

    ReplyDelete