Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh you sad neglected blog, I'm sorry

Seems like I've been neglecting my little blog here. Real life, like the month of March, has come in like a lion! Most weeks, I plod along, contentedly following my same old, same old routine. This week, I've had something to do every night. A full calendar means no time for posts! That's ok, right? It's good to do stuff! Here's what I've been up to:

Saturday, the 6th - Volunteered at Feed My Starving Children in Aurora. My daughter's friend chose to have her birthday "party" at this wonderful organization, helping to pack food packages for starving children in distressed countries. With the recent natural disasters in Haiti and Chile, she couldn't have picked a better way to show she cares by gathering her friends to help make a difference. In that 2 hours, the volunteers (several other families, girl scout troops, and church groups) packed enough food packets to feed 55 children for a year. It was an awesome experience.

Sunday, the 7th  -Did some digi layouts:

Mom told me the story of getting this picture taken. I was 3, she did it on a whim with the last money in her pocket - I'm so glad she did.



(I will update this post with the details to credit the elements I used when I have a chance to look it all up.....really, I promise!)

Monday, the 8th - Left work early to get Ana to one of her regular appointments. Thankfully, Mom had Matt and it ended up being a cinch.

Tuesday, the 9th - Parent Confirmation meeting at our church. Listening to a speaker for an hour, talking about God's Grace. Lovely.

Wednesday, the 10th - Regular doctor visit, but my doctor is unlike the docs you hear about who rush in and give you half (or an eighth) of their attention for 5 minutes and rush out. Oh no, not this chicky. An hour. We talked about all my little concerns, she did blood tests, and listened for a full hour. Awesome. Only problem was my kiddos were waiting in the waiting room for an hour, too. They are so easy-going though, when I went to check on them, they were cuddled up on the couch together doing a word search. They are so cute!
And I did this layout for one of the Log Your Memory Weekly Challenges....not my favorite layout, but got the job done:


Thursday, the 11th - Court, ahem. Nevermind about that, and an evening to spend with my sweet guy. Then I made this:


And now, Friday, the 12th - Really no plans for me....Ana has a school dance and then out for pizza with another good friend of hers (she really has some great friends).  Then Saturday, the 13th, if the weather is good, we'll walk in the West Side Irish parade in Naperville with my sister's foster dogs. Then maybe I'll get a chance to put my feet up. Or do laundry? Or scrapbook? Hmmmm....

So, that's why I haven't blogged lately. See you soon.....

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about you! Sounds like you have been SUPER busy - but mostly interesting things going on that I loved hearing about. Glad to see you back today. Miss you much!

    ReplyDelete