Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pre-Halloween

Halloween was never one of my favorites, but since I've had kids, I seem to have warmed up to it a bit.

I don't like spooky things. I don't like scary movies. I like to see my kids get all excited, though, and I love help them pull together the costume they've been dreaming about since last Halloween. This year, I've been extra busy, with all the things I've overcommitted myself with. So, I'm extremely proud of my daughter for making a costume for her brother. With the help of her Nana, in from Oregon (or is it Washington these days?), she put together the costume he's been talking about all summer.

With the creative vision of a contestent on Project Runway, they scoured the local Goodwill store to find just the right garments to execute their vision. He's even convinced me to let him grown his hair out just to be Link from the Legend of Zelda games. Although it's not quite Halloween, the kids did go trick or treating in their Grandma's neighborhood for a pre-Halloween practice run. Ana's not in her costume here. She's still working on her Hello Kitty costume (which required another trip to Goodwill today), but I can share some pictures of Matt in his costume...though, it's kind of hard to see all the detail....I'll post more after the "real" Halloween.


 

Come back and visit tomorrow for the video we made for being selected to hand out Snicker's new candy!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa!! Go Ana! Very cool costume! Can't wait to see what she comes up with for Hello Kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! You can just see how happy they are!

    (I'm with you on the spooky, scary stuff)

    ReplyDelete