Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School

The Courage to Trust
I've being going through a lot of changes lately. I'm able to finally share all that's been going on.

So, you know it's the beginning of the school year, and also my favorite time of year. I look forward to the weather getting cooler and the leaves changing. We've spent many hours back to school shopping, getting into new routines, and preparing our home for the new school year. I've got one in high school now, and my youngest in 4th grade, the same grade I taught when I did my student teaching 10 years ago.

New changes for the kids, and changes for their mom, as well. After 5 years out of teaching, I'll be back in a classroom, teaching writing. You know I had to get myself new school supplies, too, right? Love new school supplies! Also, after 5 years with my employer, I've decided to move on to a new opportunity. This is the longest I've stayed at the same job, given I've jumped out of the work world twice to have my kids and changed careers twice, as well. It's bittersweet, but I have to say, I'm very excited. I've been treading water, riding the rollercoaster economy, but praying that something would break -- that is the story behind the new art journal page above.

All this means is that I haven't had much time to write or create, what with getting everyone ready and planning my lessons for the first few weeks of class. Of course, I could argue that I am being VERY creative in getting all these things done. I know, from experience, that the first time I teach a course is always the hardest on me, so I have to gear up for that. I'm looking forward to a day with my scrap cellar girls this Saturday, to fill my soul and feed my creative energy. I sure could use a recharge!

1 comment:

  1. Cool beans!! Lots to discuss on Saturday. Also looking forward to some cellar time!!

    ReplyDelete